Actress Nithya Menen is a bubbly actress who has predominantly appeared in South Indian films. She was last seen in the blockbuster ‘Janatha Garage’. She received heavy criticism for her overweight looks in the movie.
Nithya has been signed up for a movie ‘Aadallu Meeku Joharlu’ opposite actor Venkatesh where she is required to play a young and beautiful girl.
The makers have reportedly asked her to shed some fat around her waist to appear in an hour glass figure. Recently, she has admitted to sticking to a strict regime to achieve her desired figure.
Looking at Nitya Menen’s weighty issues, we are reminded of actresses who have successfully battled the extra flab in the past.
1) Parineeti Chopra suffered weight issues and lost out on several projects. She took this to heart and came back with a vengeance. She had successfully lost oodles of weight and bagged a big projects with Yash Raj Films.
2) Before making her debut with Salman Khan in ‘Dabangg’, Sonakshi Sinha was way too fat to be called an actress. She surprised everyone when her debut film hit the screens. Later on, she gained some weight and was criticised for it. She learnt martial art for her flick ‘Akira’ and made herself fit.
3) Anushka Shetty is a heart throb of millions. After a dream debut opposite Nag in Super, she captured the hearts of youth with her hourly glass figure. She gained weight to play a character in the film ‘size zero’. The film was a box office dud. Since then, she has been trying to shed those extra kilos. She will next be seen in a sequel to Bahubali.
4) Bhumi Pednekar debut movie depicted the story of the hardships of an obese woman and her married life. She put on an extra 15 kilos for her role and sucessfully dropped her weight post her film.
5) The trend of ‘Size Zero’ in the country is accredited to the sizzling Kareena kapoor who appeared in a bikini in ‘Kambakht Ishq’ and captured millions of hearts. She took to power yoga to achieve her size zero figure.
6) Aishwarya Rai was always fit but post motherhood she gained heavy pounds. She successfully dropped all those kilos and is looking enchanting romancing the young Ranbir Kapoor in ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’.
7) Sonam Kapoor was way to obese before marking her debut in ‘Sawariya’. She successfully battled the flab with help from her mother. She credits her weight loss to dieting, exercising and right eating. She eats 5 small meals throughout the day that contains high protein.
8) Zarine Khan last film ‘Hate Story 3’ was a super hit. It wasn’t easy for her to bag the lead role in the film. She had to undergo rigourous training and weight loss before she was offered the film.
9) Alia Bhat made a debut at avery young age. She had baby fat all over her. But the pretty actress soon realized that very soon and started hitting the gym. Now she looks a million bucks!
10) Though her looks could kill, Katrina Kaif was criticised for being overweight. But the actress soon took a leaf out of Salman’s fitness and started hitting the gym. One is surely to be shocked at her transformation and her appearances in Chikni Chameli, Kamali and the recent song Kala Chasma.